Leadership & Clubs
Student Leadership at Brentford School for Girls
The purpose of Student Leadership/Voice at BSFG to is to encourage students to be involved actively in the life of the school.
Student Leadership/Voice fosters school improvement through providing empowerment to the student body. It contributes to our outstanding community ethos and is an important driver for school improvement, teaching and learning and youth development.
Roles and Responsibilities
The following list outlines the key leadership roles and responsibilities of student groups at BSFG:
- Head Girl/SSLT: Highly visible student leaders, contribute to school events and completes Reception duty
- Sixth Form Prefects/ Y10 BASE Leaders: To carry out duties in and around school at lunchtimes and to support evening events
- Sixth Form Social Committee: To organise social activities
- Sixth Form Helpers: To assist in the ASD unit
- Student Leadership Team: Provides student response to items that have a whole-school impact
- Y11 Prefects: To supporting evening events and support year groups or tutor groups
- School Council: Provides a forum for debate and discussion on school matters
- Year Council: To discuss year group matters
- House Captains: To support House ethos/competitions
- ‘Buddies’: To support to Y7 students
- Sports’ Leaders: Provide leadership and support to the PE Dept
There are also some roles outside this structure- for example, SF Social Committee, Eco-Reps and student librarians - that allow students the opportunity to take on increased responsibility around school.