Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT IN EXAMINATIONS
- Years 7 to 11 inclusive will wear full school uniform, if you are wearing a winter shirt a tie must be worn.
- Line up outside the exam room 15minutes before your exam is due to start.
- When the senior member of staff is ready to get you into the exam room, they will indicate that they need you to be quiet by raising their arm. At this signal you are to stop talking. Listen carefully.
- Exam rules state that you must not have a mobile phone, smartwatch, ipod or any Technological/Web enabled device in your possession whilst sitting an exam. For this reason, all mobile phones, smartwatch, ipod or any Technological/Web enabled device will need to be placed in the plastic wallet provided. These will be collected by a member of staff before entering the exam room and returned at the end of each exam.
- If you are found to be in possession of a mobile phone, Smartwatch, ipod or any Technological/Web enabled device whilst in an exam you will be subject to penalty and possible disqualification.
- Normal analogue or digital watches may be brought into the exam room but must be placed on the exam desk next to your name card, they must not be kept on your wrist and must not have timer/countdown or alarms enabled.
- Enter the exam room without talking. Sit at the desk with your name on it. Do not sit anywhere else.
- Make sure you have at least 2 black pens, a pencil, ruler, sharpener and eraser for all exams, plus a compass and a protractor for Maths and Science.
- Scientific calculators will be needed for certain exams, these will be provided by school for all exams.
- If you are bringing a pencil case it needs to be transparent to enable us to see the contents.
- If you wish to bring in a drink, it must be water only, no more than 1 litre and must be in a clear bottle. You should remove the label from the outside of the bottle and make sure it is full prior to the exam starting.
- Please bring all of your exam equipment in to the hall with you.
- Check you have been given the correct question paper, if unsure please ask an invigilator.
- Raise your hand if you need to ask a question and an invigilator will come and see you (they cannot help with questions in your exam).
- You will not be allowed to leave the exam room until the end of the allocated time for the exam, please make sure you use the toilet in break and lunch.
- If the fire alarm goes off during your exam, you will need to stop writing and sit in silence until instructed as to what to do. YOU MUST NOT TALK TO ANYONE. If you are instructed to evacuate the exam room an invigilator will escort you to the designated area, you will need to leave in an orderly manner and REMAIN SILENT. Failure to do this could lead to your paper being disqualified. DON’T TAKE THAT RISK.
- At the end of the Exam, remain silent until you have left the room.
- You will be dismissed from the room by rows.
If you have any questions about the tests please come and see Ms Lort.