Useful careers advice links
In a constantly changing world all students need access to good quality, comprehensive and impartial careers Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG). This will help them make the right learning and career choices so that they can succeed in work. You may find the following websites particularly useful.
For Brentford School Sixth Formers click here to access UCAS application support.
Free access to CHOICES MAGAZINE
This is a resource produced by Education Development Trust for young people in year 11 who are considering their Post 16 options. Click here for link to download: Choices magazine - 2020 - 2021 | London Borough of Hounslow
On 26th & 27th May Futures Fest is running a fantastic free event for students (15-18) to find out more about university life, finance, accommodation, and personal statement tips.
With over 70 UK universities attending, it should really help students to make their university choices!
- The free online event takes place on 26th and 27th May.
- The event is aimed at 15-18 year olds thinking about going to university.
- Students will be able to watch content from current university students, find out useful information about every UK university, and ask any questions they may have about university life.
- If students have already made their university choice or received their offer, they will be able to find info on accommodation options, student finance, top student tips, and more.
- There will also be live streams, games, brand deals, and Q&As.
- Students can sign up to the event here.
FURTHER TALENTED MAGAZINE
CLICK HERE to access the latest digital magazine brimming with insights, case studies and resources to help bring the world of work to life for the next generation.
The National Careers Service advisers can provide your daughter with information, advice and guidance on skills, learning and work.
Contact an adviser:
- Webchat - Chat with an adviser using webchat (8am to 10pm, 7days a week).
- Phone - Call 0800 100 900 to speak to an adviser (8am to 10pm, 7 days a week). Calls are free from landlines and most mobile numbers. See their website for further information about call charges.
Useful apprenticeship fact sheets below: