Brentford School for Girls follows the admissions policy of Hounslow Education Authority, who make all the arrangements for transfer and decide on the priorities for admission if more pupils apply than can be accepted.
Please note that there are no catchment restrictions to joining Brentford School for Girls and all applications will be treated equally according to the criteria set out below.
- First priority is given to children in public care for whom this school is their first preference.
- Second priority is given to applicants who have medical or social circumstances, which require attendance at our school. Evidence will be requested.
- Third priority is given to applicants who have an older child attending the school in September 2019.
- Fourth priority is given to Children of Members of Staff
- Fifth priority is given to applicants who indicate on the form their preference for single sex education.
- Sixth priority is given to applicants who live nearest to the school.
(Important note: The number of girls choosing Brentford as their first or second choice has increased significantly over the last two years. If you are applying for a school place, to avoid disappointment, you must include a comment on the application form identifying that you would like a ‘girls School’)
Parents of children in Year 6, who are considering sending their daughter to Brentford, are encouraged to make an appointment for a tour of the school. All new students are invited to come for an interview before joining the school.
To view our admissions policy please visit our policy page here