This is an update of the progress made so far in our bid to acquire Academy Status.
Regular updates will be posted on the website.
- The school finished populating the application form for Academy Status. This will be ready to send in the week commencing 28th May 2012..
- Winckworth Sherwood and Alliots have been secured to work with us, as Solicitors and Accounts respectively.
- We have contacted our link person at the Department of Education
- Hounslow Human Resources have been contacted for support re: TUPE (The Protection of Staff Employment Rights). David Brockie and Jackie Sorrell from the Local Authority have met with the Head teacher and Business Manager to talk through the TUPE process and discuss the application.
- It was agreed that the school would attempt to get the TUPE (The Protection of Staff Employment Rights) letter (created by the LA) sent to all staff before the half term. The TUPE (The Protection of Staff Employment Rights) meeting will take place on the 21st of June after school. David and Jackie will be present to answer any questions.
- It was agreed that staff will all move across with the same terms and conditions as had previously been agreed by the Governors. So for the foreseeable future there will be no changes made. We are going to be using a similar model to those used in other Hounslow schools who have in the main transferred their staff across with the same terms and conditions.
- The TUPE (The Protection of Staff Employment Rights) consultation will finish in early July. The LA did not feel there would really be any issues having managed the same in lots of other local schools.
- In order to get the TUPE (The Protection of Staff Employment Rights) process going an accurate staffing list has been forwarded to the Local Authority.
- The school has also been looking at the service level agreements. The school is keen to move these across to the new Academy.
- The LA are liaising with our solicitors regarding Land Transfer etc.
Thank you for your support.
Chair of Governors.