The main purpose of the LRC is to assist students in obtaining material, or information which may be needed in connection with studies or recreational interests.
Apart from book collection, the LRC can offer open access to internet, range of games, newspapers and magazines.
School Library uses OLIVER library management system and students can login as OPAC Users. This allows them to search, to access own account (current loans, renewals, overdues, reservations, alerts etc.) and to send requests and emails.
Use of LRC
- LRC is open between 8.00 and 4.30 Monday to Thursday and 8.00 and 3.30 on Fridays
- LRC will be closed for break on Fridays when we have our Book Club Activities
- Pupils may borrow one fiction and one non fiction book for two weeks
- All books must be returned on time otherwise there is a 2p.per day fine on late returns.
- Lost or unreturned books will have to be paid for in full.
Arrangement of LRC
- Fiction - novels, stories are arranged in alphabetical order according to author’s SURNAME
- Non fiction - information books are arranged according to subject content using Dewey Classification System. Class number on the spine of each book is a pointer to its subject matter.