Originally known as The Brentford British School, there has been a school on or near this site providing an education for the children of Brentford, since 1834.
Initially the school was financed by The Rothschild Family and became known as The Rothschild School in 1912. The school educated both boys and girls. The original school stood where the Health Centre is now.
In 1930 there was a new building on the site the school now occupies. Girls were taught separately from the boys and the head mistress was a Miss Brace. Many of our parents or grandparents may well remember the school from the 1940s and 50s.
In 1968 numbers had grown to such an extent the boys were moved to their own site and formed what is now known as Isleworth and Syon School For Boys. Mrs Smyth became the head mistress of the new girls' school.
2011 sees the school continuing to thrive and serving the needs of the young women of Brentford and surrounding areas. We value our history and traditions which underpin all we do to provide an education for the women of tomorrow.